Sunday, August 25, 2013

Cost of Living in Singapore

I really have no idea what a common room or master room in Singapore should cost. It seems like a lot of places use tenants to make some money or get really cheap rent. I found this blog with a very nice breakdown of what things cost around here: http://joeyandmae.com/2013/03/01/cost-of-living-in-singapore-2013/  The entry also taught me that the food areas in the HDBs are called "hawkers." I have yet to enjoy the food in Singapore. I find the hawker food to be similar to poor quality Chinese food in the U.S.  I think I would like to live where the hawker food is best.

The only thing this entry leaves out is where the most affordable groceries are! Cold storage in One North station, by SUTD, is not affordable.

Some housing definitions:

COMMON ROOM: a bedroom in an apartment without attached bathroom.

HDB: housing and development board, gov't housing, each building is listed as a block and number

A floorplan of an HDB 

2 comments:

  1. What is "household shelter" in that floorplan? Is that a closet? Or a fallout shelter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen it used as a closet, but it could be up to interpretation.

    ReplyDelete