Monday, November 11, 2013

Cell Phone

I just got back from an interview in the United States. I slept for 12 hours, from 3am to 3pm. I never sleep for that long.  I really hope I get back on track, soon!

I scheduled a dental cleaning appt for Thursday at St. Andrews. The dental surgeons there were recommended by a diving buddy during my trip on the White Manta. I was quoted $50-120 SGD, but I was able to make a 10am appt only two days in advance!

The point of this post is to point out the misfortune that I realized upon making the call. My phone only had $1.50 left!! I had topped up with Singtel's Super Hot $128 plan, but the time had expired on Nov. 8th and I hadn't been around to top up and extend the validity!  Here's how it works:

1. Get a pre-paid $10 hi! card from a 7-eleven or other establishment
2. Go to singtel.com to top up online when you need more minutes. Here are the plans:
http://info.singtel.com/personal/phones-plans/mobile/prepaid/top-up-where-to-buy-and-check-balance
3. Note that there are lots of options, the biggest differences being their validity time, cost, and available credit. The Super Hot $128 was $28 dollars and gave me $128 dollars of credit, but needs to be topped up with the Super Hot $128 or Hot $55 within the 50 days to keep the credit. I don't think I even used up the cost of the card.
4. Get the Hot $55 for $15 if you don't use data. Switch to the $128 if you are texting and calling a lot. If you use data (i.e. WhatsApp), get the DataTalk$22 or the Yo!$18. I don't use the data, but maybe I will in the future.

For data, note the bottom: http://info.singtel.com/personal/phones-plans/mobile/prepaid/mobile-data

No comments:

Post a Comment